Upcoming Launch Schedule

ROCC 2023-2024 Launch Schedule:

All launches are at the Midland, NC site unless otherwise stated.*

Apr. 20, 2024 (21st very doubtful due to rain)

May 18 & 19, 2024

Jun. 15 & 16, 2024 (Field Permitting)

Here are some other launch opportunities in our area:

ICBM & ROSCO, better known as South Carolina Rocketry, flies near Dalzelle, SC., Just NE of Shaw AFB.  More information can be gotten at their site HERE

The Saturn Rocketry Club in Hendersonville is currently switching their launch field. As soon as we know where they land we will post it. Their FB site is HERE

NC Rocketry flies at Bayboro, NC in the northeast part of the state, information is HERE

Set-up starts at about 9:30, launches commence about 10:30. Field closes about 60 min. before local dusk so we can clean up. Watch the site front page for specifics. Also visit us on FaceBook. You can also check for the FAA NOTAM at https://notams.aim.faa.gov/notamSearch/nsapp.html#/ and using KCLT (Charlotte) as the location. This will give you the starting and ending times for HP flights. 

* If field is available due to crops, etc.

Discussion > Fate of Our Planet?

Darrell Mobley (Owner of Rocketry Planet) has been trying to scrape the content out of Our Planet using Ning's migration tools. So far no joy. Our site is a sub site of his and as such we have no access to try to use those tools. His plan is to migrate all of that content onto a new site hosted by him for free - but the timeline is unclear.

Given this new site - does anyone see much use in the Our Planet website?

Assuming the answer is NO... how much effort should we put out to try to capture the old content? There is quite a bit of history there and even if we only had a static archive it might be worth having around - does anyone feel strongly about it one way or the other?

October 15, 2010 | Registered CommenterBrad Shea

If we did get a static archive of the site, where would we put it? I don't know if we could import it into a thread on this site but I could try if you can get us a sample of data.

October 15, 2010 | Registered CommenterDOC R.

I ran an application that basically crawls the site and creates a local version of the content. It wasn't foolproof, but it would be one option. My preference would be to get the data in some database form so you could try to integrate it, but apparently Ning didn't make that so easy. Darrell probably would be able to provide the best advice.

Just as a point of thought, how would we go about archiving this discussion forum or switching it to a different type in the future? I know the ones I host with PHPbb can go to Vbulitin and others, but I have never actually done it.

Sandy.

PS: Brad, your thread title sounds like the thread would be about global warming or something . . .

October 22, 2010 | Registered CommenterSandy Houston

SS has an export function as well as an import function. If we can get the RP threads in some form of data base or delimited file I'd wager we could get it in here somehow. Question is, is it worth it to try to get it in?

As far as exporting, I think the SS forum material can be sent out to a PHPbb system. I've done some research and that multi-threaded functionality is high on the list of SS wants, and it's in the development pipeline to come.

October 22, 2010 | Registered CommenterDoc_R

Sandy - I should have said, "OurPlanet" not "Our Planet". Anything we can do to archive the content in any format is better than what we had prior to that.

October 23, 2010 | Registered CommenterBrad Shea

Creating new thread in Members Only Section to discuss this.

October 23, 2010 | Registered CommenterBrad Shea

InfoThis thread has been locked.