Upcoming Launch Schedule

ROCC 2023-2024 Launch Schedule:

All launches are at the Midland, NC site unless otherwise stated.*

Apr. 20, 2024 (21st very doubtful due to rain)

May 18 & 19, 2024

Jun. 15 & 16, 2024 (Field Permitting)

Here are some other launch opportunities in our area:

ICBM & ROSCO, better known as South Carolina Rocketry, flies near Dalzelle, SC., Just NE of Shaw AFB.  More information can be gotten at their site HERE

The Saturn Rocketry Club in Hendersonville is currently switching their launch field. As soon as we know where they land we will post it. Their FB site is HERE

NC Rocketry flies at Bayboro, NC in the northeast part of the state, information is HERE

Set-up starts at about 9:30, launches commence about 10:30. Field closes about 60 min. before local dusk so we can clean up. Watch the site front page for specifics. Also visit us on FaceBook. You can also check for the FAA NOTAM at https://notams.aim.faa.gov/notamSearch/nsapp.html#/ and using KCLT (Charlotte) as the location. This will give you the starting and ending times for HP flights. 

* If field is available due to crops, etc.

Discussion > Should Discussions & Galleries be Public or Club Only?

How do I delete a topic that I started?

October 15, 2010 | Registered CommenterBrad Shea

Is there a way to change posts as an admin?

October 15, 2010 | Registered CommenterBrad Shea

Removing an entire thread is only possible from the owner account. For now I'd like that to remain with us. If there is a thread that needs to be removed then just let me know.

As far as changing a post I don't think a member account can do that. It would allow folks to change what others have said and I don't think a standard member account will allow that.

October 15, 2010 | Registered CommenterDOC R.

As far as the gallery and discussion board being public or private, looking at the gallery I think might entice members, as far as the discussion board I'll go with the group but my vote would be that the public board should be readable, but not postable. I have proven that we can have a private discussion board for members only if it's needed.

October 15, 2010 | Registered CommenterDOC R.

I agree with Doc.

October 16, 2010 | Registered CommenterJohn Bergsmith

If you open up to outsider posting, then you have to live with the consequences. Guest posts are anonymous and can turn nasty in a hurry.

October 19, 2010 | Registered CommenterDavid Strunk

I don't think we'd ever allow anonymous posting and/or reply. I think what Brad was wondering is if they should be viewable for non-members or if those parts of the site should be log-in only.

I could see taking the discussion board to logged-in only and leave the gallery portion viewable but not postable to outside. I did some searching last night and one of the big things squarespace users are asking for is support for a multi-threaded discussion board, much like what SC ICBM and many others are using for their board. That is in the works apparently, and hopefully won't be in the distant future. Other than that I really like the expansion of services we can offer through SS.

October 20, 2010 | Registered CommenterDoc_R

On the forums I have run with PHPbb, I always had a members only area that had some added value or at least I perceived it to be added value. Basically you had to be at least a member to post, no matter what, but certain members would have access to an entirely different area as well.

I agree that at least the galleries should be publicly viewable.

Sandy.

October 22, 2010 | Registered CommenterSandy Houston

I like the members only section option for truely internal discussions. (Like perhaps this one should have been.. LOL)
The public viewable gallery and discussion makes sense to me.

Is it possible we might want SOME non-public pictures at some point?

October 22, 2010 | Registered CommenterBrad Shea

I could, if folks want, place a secondary gallery with a different title, that could be restricted to members-only. This is just what I did with the other discussion board.

October 23, 2010 | Registered CommenterDOC R.

InfoThis thread has been locked.