Upcoming Launch Schedule

ROCC 2023-2024 Launch Schedule:

All launches are at the Midland, NC site unless otherwise stated.*

Apr. 20, 2024 (21st very doubtful due to rain)

May 18 & 19, 2024

Jun. 15 & 16, 2024 (Field Permitting)

Here are some other launch opportunities in our area:

ICBM & ROSCO, better known as South Carolina Rocketry, flies near Dalzelle, SC., Just NE of Shaw AFB.  More information can be gotten at their site HERE

The Saturn Rocketry Club in Hendersonville is currently switching their launch field. As soon as we know where they land we will post it. Their FB site is HERE

NC Rocketry flies at Bayboro, NC in the northeast part of the state, information is HERE

Set-up starts at about 9:30, launches commence about 10:30. Field closes about 60 min. before local dusk so we can clean up. Watch the site front page for specifics. Also visit us on FaceBook. You can also check for the FAA NOTAM at https://notams.aim.faa.gov/notamSearch/nsapp.html#/ and using KCLT (Charlotte) as the location. This will give you the starting and ending times for HP flights. 

* If field is available due to crops, etc.

Discussion > Gallery Plans?

I was looking over the gallery and it seems to me that any member can upload images. To get the most out of it, should there be some guidelines? For instance, if I had pics from January 2010, I assume I would post them there in addition to the pictures someone else already posted. However, if I posted pictures from the Y-Guides Demo Launch, I assume I should start a new topic. If I changed my name to John Bergsmith, I would then post my build pics to that gallery. Is that the general plan for the gallery?

Also, it appears that I am allowed to modify or remove pictures someone else posted. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not, but it could be a good feature, because it would let other users add the descriptions of the flight.

When I logged out and viewed the gallery, I couldn't see the descriptions. I guess it could be a good feature for guests to see the gallery as well as the descriptions if that is an option.

Last question is should we be somewhat frugal with our picture postings (i.e. few with high compression) or should we get a huge amount up? I'm not sure if there is a storage space/bandwidth issue we should be mindful of.

Just throwing out some ideas. I like the way the site turned out.

Sandy.

October 22, 2010 | Registered CommenterSandy Houston

Hi Sandy... I'll try to cover some of that.
First, yes, if there is a gallery already there, go ahead and post into it. There is a description spot for a title on each photo that should be visible even if your not signed in, but if it isn't then I'll try and figure that out.
Second, the only way to allow members access to the galleries to post is to also allow modification. I can't give one without the other, and rather than having all photos flow through me I would rather let members post and take the responsibility to do it without harming others' work. The upside to that is that if there's a photo that, for one reason or another, a member REALLY hates, they can take it down if they wish.
Last, there is no limit to space. There's about 180MB of photos up there right now, and with the plan we have we don't have a cap to size.
I went as liberal as I thought prudent with the member's options, and reserved only the most basic tools so that someone couldn't redesign the site without credentials. I have also put a link to our YouTube site, and I'm going to post your 2 videos from the Y-guides shoot there. If you have more, post them to your FTP and I can put them up.
DR

Additional: I just tried what you were speaking about and you're right, if you're not logged in you can't see the descriptions. I think that's not a terrible thing though, because it does protect privacy a bit that way.

October 22, 2010 | Registered CommenterDoc_R

InfoThis thread has been locked.