Upcoming Launch Schedule

ROCC 2023-2024 Launch Schedule:

All launches are at the Midland, NC site unless otherwise stated.*

Apr. 20, 2024 (21st very doubtful due to rain)

May 18 & 19, 2024

Jun. 15 & 16, 2024 (Field Permitting)

Here are some other launch opportunities in our area:

ICBM & ROSCO, better known as South Carolina Rocketry, flies near Dalzelle, SC., Just NE of Shaw AFB.  More information can be gotten at their site HERE

The Saturn Rocketry Club in Hendersonville is currently switching their launch field. As soon as we know where they land we will post it. Their FB site is HERE

NC Rocketry flies at Bayboro, NC in the northeast part of the state, information is HERE

Set-up starts at about 9:30, launches commence about 10:30. Field closes about 60 min. before local dusk so we can clean up. Watch the site front page for specifics. Also visit us on FaceBook. You can also check for the FAA NOTAM at https://notams.aim.faa.gov/notamSearch/nsapp.html#/ and using KCLT (Charlotte) as the location. This will give you the starting and ending times for HP flights. 

* If field is available due to crops, etc.

Discussion > Outreach opportunity for November

We have an opportunity to show our stuff again in a couple of weeks. The Southern Association of Student Councils is looking for exhibitors for a 2 hour period (2-4 PM) on 6 Nov. The location is at Sun Valley High School in Monroe, which used to be our summer flying field. The general theme is areospace related. See the attached file for more information.

Can I have a show of hands as to who would be able to show up and bring a model or 2 for display??

October 26, 2010 | Registered CommenterBob Bernatchez

I am a strong maybe...

October 27, 2010 | Registered CommenterBrad Shea

I will be out of town. Sorry.

Sandy.

October 27, 2010 | Registered CommenterSandy Houston

I could probably help on that one.

October 28, 2010 | Registered CommenterDoc_R

Just a thought, but do we want to bring anything to launch that day? I wasn't thinking of the multiple system but a single system might be something that would spark interest. Also, we would need to push TARC and SLI.

They're saying display only, and they want us to display in the middle of a busy day (for the participants).

October 28, 2010 | Registered CommenterBob Bernatchez

OK. I'm going to try and get my Magnum ready and maybe the 3" WISHB. Both are fairly eye catching. Do you know if it's students or adults or a mixture of both?

Mixture of adults and kids. I should have more info about show up time in a couple days.

November 1, 2010 | Registered CommenterBob Bernatchez

The hours have expanded to 12-6 on Saturday. We will have approximately 10'x10' of floor space.
Does anyone have launch photos that they could bring?? Do we have club handouts that we could give away?

November 4, 2010 | Registered CommenterBob Bernatchez

12 - 6! Man, I don't think I can do all that. I can print handouts for TARC, and the ROCC. I'll also print some business cards that folks can just write your name & number on, but i'll just use the google groups address.

Will we have any tables? Chairs?

November 4, 2010 | Registered CommenterDOC R.

Tables and chairs are available. Whatever time anyone is available would be great. They're not expecting us to present anything, just answer random questions.

November 4, 2010 | Registered CommenterBob Bernatchez

OK Bob... I'll try and get there as close to 1:00 as I can. I have business cards, ROCC fliers, TARC fliers and my Magnum is repaired. I think I can hang untill about 5:00, so we'll see how things are going.

See you there!

November 5, 2010 | Registered CommenterDOC R.

Our contact at the school is Josh Wall 704-604-6995. Can you bring some casings so we can show motor sizes?? I'll bring some up to 29mm.

November 5, 2010 | Registered CommenterBob Bernatchez

InfoThis thread has been locked.