Upcoming Launch Schedule

ROCC 2023-2024 Launch Schedule:

All launches are at the Midland, NC site unless otherwise stated.*

Apr. 20, 2024 (21st very doubtful due to rain)

May 18 & 19, 2024

Jun. 15 & 16, 2024 (Field Permitting)

Here are some other launch opportunities in our area:

ICBM & ROSCO, better known as South Carolina Rocketry, flies near Dalzelle, SC., Just NE of Shaw AFB.  More information can be gotten at their site HERE

The Saturn Rocketry Club in Hendersonville is currently switching their launch field. As soon as we know where they land we will post it. Their FB site is HERE

NC Rocketry flies at Bayboro, NC in the northeast part of the state, information is HERE

Set-up starts at about 9:30, launches commence about 10:30. Field closes about 60 min. before local dusk so we can clean up. Watch the site front page for specifics. Also visit us on FaceBook. You can also check for the FAA NOTAM at https://notams.aim.faa.gov/notamSearch/nsapp.html#/ and using KCLT (Charlotte) as the location. This will give you the starting and ending times for HP flights. 

* If field is available due to crops, etc.

Discussion > 11/20 & 11/21 - Launch

So how are we looking for the November launch, are we going to be able to fly?

November 9, 2010 | Registered CommenterJohn Bergsmith

John - things are looking a little rough. Ralph talked with Kip and while he is trying to get the soybeans out of the field they are so dry he is worried about fire hazards during harvesting and has to operate the equipment more slowly than normal. Even if he does get the soybeans off the field the refuse left behind is more or less like tinder and with the dry conditions we have concerns if we don't get a bunch of rain to help reduce the hazard that we may have to push the launch out to the end of the month to give mother nature more chances to rain on the field.

Other ideas would be to have either Midland or Stallings Volunteer Fire Department come hang out with a brush truck for a dontation. I'm drowning in work and have not had time to follow up on this. If anyone is willing to step up and ask about them about this please contact me and let's talk about what we could offer before you approach them. If members were willing to put in an extra 5 for donations to the VFD we might be able to do this without impact to club funds.

It might be hard to get the VFD out for 2 days so we may need to shorten this to a single day if we don't have rain and we rely on VFD presence.

November 11, 2010 | Registered CommenterBrad Shea

That's what I got from Ralph as well. I was wondering if just putting it back to the 27th/28th might not be a bad idea, but with folks traveling for t'giving that might cut attendance as well.

Didn't someone say that they knew the folks at the VFD down the road? I know CLT guys but don't know anyone out that way.

November 12, 2010 | Registered CommenterDoc_R

We should probably consider prohibiting sparkies until we get some rain.

November 14, 2010 | Registered CommenterBob Bernatchez

When might we have a decision on the launch. We have a group of scouts that want to come out and fly with us. I'm told they'll be 20-30. They will call me Thursday looking for a go / no-go decision.

November 16, 2010 | Registered CommenterBob Bernatchez

Been getting some decent rain today, and night. Should help out. I'm about five minutes from the farm as I write this and it's pouring.

November 16, 2010 | Registered CommenterJohn Bergsmith

Ralph was going to talk to Kip again, but with the rain I think our chances are good. Thanks for the weather update John.

November 17, 2010 | Registered CommenterDOC R.

You're welcome Doc, just happened to be in the area when it was raining. Major thunderstorm for November.

November 17, 2010 | Registered CommenterJohn Bergsmith

OK, Ralph spoke with Kip Wednesday eve. and we're a go, but we'll need a couple of folks to help set up at 9:30 if possible. I can be there but can't do it alone. Any takers?

D

November 17, 2010 | Registered CommenterDOC R.

I can't be there. I am hoping for December.

November 17, 2010 | Registered CommenterMalcolm Smith

I will there to help setup.

November 17, 2010 | Registered CommenterJohn Bergsmith

InfoThis thread has been locked.