Upcoming Launch Schedule

ROCC 2023-2024 Launch Schedule:

All launches are at the Midland, NC site unless otherwise stated.*

Apr. 20, 2024 (21st very doubtful due to rain)

May 18 & 19, 2024

Jun. 15 & 16, 2024 (Field Permitting)

Here are some other launch opportunities in our area:

ICBM & ROSCO, better known as South Carolina Rocketry, flies near Dalzelle, SC., Just NE of Shaw AFB.  More information can be gotten at their site HERE

The Saturn Rocketry Club in Hendersonville is currently switching their launch field. As soon as we know where they land we will post it. Their FB site is HERE

NC Rocketry flies at Bayboro, NC in the northeast part of the state, information is HERE

Set-up starts at about 9:30, launches commence about 10:30. Field closes about 60 min. before local dusk so we can clean up. Watch the site front page for specifics. Also visit us on FaceBook. You can also check for the FAA NOTAM at https://notams.aim.faa.gov/notamSearch/nsapp.html#/ and using KCLT (Charlotte) as the location. This will give you the starting and ending times for HP flights. 

* If field is available due to crops, etc.

Discussion > Lost V-2

Great launch yesterday, lots of fun with you guys again! I'm sad to say that I lost my black and white test pattern V-2 yesterday. If anyone see it please let me know I at rearp@bbandt.com or 919-634-5129. I even missed the picture of the Dark Matter launch after waiting all day for the sun to get low. Couple of our nice neighbors is keeping a look out for at and will bring it to the next launch. If anyone got a picture of the launch please post it so I can snag it.
I Tried to get as many of the launches and recoveries as possible but of course some were out of focus or frame. I hear we have a Facebook page but the only one I find has 1 picture on it. Is there another, if so what's the URL?
See you soon
Thanks Rodney

January 2, 2015 | Registered CommenterRodney Earp

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/rocketryofcentralcarolina/
Depending on how wet it gets you may have a good chance of getting it back and in good shape. Be sure to ask Roy when you come out. I have had a couple of models make it back to me. I have a Hi-Flier that I have flown three times and have yet to find it for myself. Somehow somebody found it every time.
Good luck and thanks for taking photos it really helps our hobby and club.

January 24, 2015 | Registered CommenterGregoryBullock

Rodney... There is a 4" V2 nose cone in the lost & found, I saw it this past weekend. If you can make it out to March it'll be there, if not, let me know and I can mail it to you. It's painted in typical B&W scheme.

email me at "rocketrycarolina (at) gmail (dot) com

Doc R.

February 22, 2016 | Registered CommenterDOC R.