We are going to hold on to this weekend with a final decision at 1:00 PM today. We are hoping that the forecasts are correct that tomorrow is only a 30 - 40% chance of rain and that, if it comes, it will be late in the day.
We are canceling the camping and the night launch. We will pack the equipment tomorrow night figuring that if we do get rain it will be in the nightime hours. Hopefully if the rain is not too much we can salvage part, if not all, of Sunday.
The weather models have 3 different outcomes planned for the weekend and depending on who's forecast you take it could be completely different.
Check in this afternoon and tomorrow morning before heading to the field.
The weather is of course playing with us like a cat with a bug and there are talks gong on as to what to do. Currently the best guess is to roll to the next weekend of the 28th & 29th. That has NOT been confirmed yet. We'll post a further update late today to see which way the weather is likely to go, but current forecast overnight Saturday looks like the best we could hope for would be a Saurday-only launch and you certainly wouldn't want to camp out that night.
dr Thursday am.
OK, Let me 'esplain.... no, there is too much, I just sum up...
First, there's the launch, including NAR contests for B altitude, C payload, spot landing and set duration flights. There's information on all this in the "Contest Info" section on the right hand side bar. Then there's the night launch, rules for which are posted in the same "Contest Info" section to the right. Then there's a camp-out, with possible stargazing opportunities if the cloud cover is OK. Then there's ANOTHER day of launching, with Michael Hollowell's helicopter available for rides.
I'll tell you, if all of this comes off they'll be talkin' about this launch till, well, a long time anyway.