From the WWW.TRIPOLISC.ORG website:
Freedom Launch Cancelation
This has been a most difficult decision for your leadership to make. We realize the
current predicted path of Frances takes it below South Carolina. Florida will take
the brunt of the storm and it is predicted at this point to go into Alabama and
western Georgia. However, keep in mind this is a very large storm and it reaches far
beyond the path of its eye.
After checking NOAA, Weather Channel, and local weather sources, it appears the
winds will be high starting Saturday afternoon with storms and rain settling in for
the remaining days. Safety and fun are our primary concern. A major concern is for
our members and guests who may be traveling through the path of the storm.
Risking a launch during this time doesn't seem like the right call to make.
Remember, we love to fly as much as the our members and guests. We just feel the
risk does not out weigh the benefits. We look forward to seeing you at another
launch, but we feel we must cancel the Freedom Launch festivities.
If you have reservations at the Days Inn (803-534-0500), don't forget to call and
cancel. We'll see you guys on the field in October!
Eric Benner, ICBM Prefect
Bobby Weatherford, NAR Senior Technical Advisor
Mike Mixon, ICBM Treasurer
Randy Trotter, NAR Treasurer