Sunday's launch is a GO. However, due to the rain it will be important for you to drive on the sides of the runway. Set up at 10:30 flights start at 1100. Be advised that winds are forecast to be between 8-15 but should settle as the day goes on. Ken allen from Performance hobbies did confirm that he will be down Sunday as well. I suggest you come out and support Ken has he will not be at our April launch due to scheduling conflicts. Next Saturday March 22nd. We still plan have a "make-up flight day" Yes we know we may have a low turnout because its Easter Weekend, but it's the best we can offer to those who may missout this weekend. And the different TARC teams may need that last chance to get qualifying flights before the April deadline. I would like to leave the start time flexible to allow for best flight conditions. Questions. Ralph Roberts. firstname.lastname@example.org 704-568-1070 home 704560-0147 Cell.
Everyone: This is a hard weekend to call, we have strong winds out in front of a strong cold front moving in. As of Thursday late forecast Saturday looks rough. The forecast of severe weather weighs heavy on our decision. So, this will not be official until 5:00pm Friday afternoon as we understand more the dynamics of the upper level disturbances and the front and its position by late afternoon. Please check back tomorrow evening for more updates. That said we are leaning for a scrub of the launch Saturday and going for a one day launch Sunday. However, winds are not in our favor on Sunday behind the front and we may have to call Sunday due too high winds. We understand the TARC teams are running out of time and only have a few more weeks to get their qualifying flights in. So we feel that we will attempt a one day make up launch on Saturday March 22nd from 11:00-7:00. Ken please advise your schedule for March 22nd, lets us know if you could come down pending the launch. More to come, Ralph Roberts ROCC Prez
Everyone: Official launch announcement for ROCC Sport Launch: Saturday and Sunday March 15th and 16th from 11:00 to 7:00 each day This month's launch looks a little iffy with a front moving in Saturday. Please keep checking the website and email for further launch details. We will not have an option to go around due to the Easter holiday the following weekend. We will try to get this launch in the best we can. Large Boy Scout group to attend early Saturday. David Hutchinson from Pack 214 is bringing at least 47 scouts out for a day of launching. We may be pretty busy Saturday morning. They came out last year and we had a really great time. I would ask all senior members of the club to make yourself available to assist in either with pad management, or to just be available if they need help with prepping, repairs, etc. We will have our new Estes PVC pads available that Todd has been working on. I hope to have all 24 pads up and running at this launch. Please, READ MORE
Welcome, welcome everyone to the February Post-Launch Rocket Report, being brought to you by Louise Ferrell, Assistant Secretary. The forecast for the entire weekend was cold, windy and rain, but, fortunately once again the reports were in error. The weather overall was very good but we had winds that varied from almost calm to strong gusts which made predicting rocket course at times difficult. (Roy�s Note: I myself had two MP flights come in ballistic behind the flight line so we need to take extra care on a rockets angle and try to take into account the effect of �wind Cocking�.)
Everyone: Tonight, starting at 8:43pm there will be a full Lunar Eclipse with totallity being reached at 10:01pm and lasting for 50 minutes. It will be almost 3 years before the next one so don't miss it. Thanks, Ralph PS - The military may try to shoot down the Satilite tonight as well, you may want to checkout SPACE.COM for updates. What a great day in space!!!
Everyone: Official launch announcement: Saturday and Sunday Feb 16th and 17th from 11:00 to 6:00 each day ROCC Sport launch. This month's launch looks a little in jeopardy, we have both weather and waiver issues. At this time it will only be a 3.3 lbs and under launch unless I can find out if the 2008 waiver is ready. Plus, the weather is looking suspect as of this time. Please keep checking the website and email for further launch details. We may opt to go around one week if we have a chance to have the waiver ready by next weekend. Nar Contest: Gift cards will be awarded to the winners Vendors: Performance hobbies will be there both days Duty Roster: I will have new sign-up sheets for the launches through April next year. Sign up to help, please!!!!!! Porta-Potty: Will be on-site this launch. Flyer-Fees: Please come out and fly and pay your fees. Recommended $8-$10 donation a day per flyer. We still have to pay the Piper. Note: Keep an eye on email and the website for any changes regarding our launch. Questions, comments - Ralph Roberts @ email@example.com Sincerely, Ralph Roberts ROCC Prez and prefect.
Welcome, welcome everyone to the January Post-Launch Rocket Report, being brought to you by Louise Ferrell, a young and intrepid, budding secretarial Rocket Scientist. The forecast for the entire weekend was cold and windy and for the most part it was accurate. Did the cool weather scare folks off? No, dedicated rocketeers and their families made it to the pads both days! Actually, The January Make-up Rocket Launch weekend was probably better than most had anticipated. Defiantly better than the prior regular 3rd weekend which was a cold, dark and rainy weekend.. The Farm had experienced a considerable amount of rain the weeks leading up to the launch so ground conditions were pretty fire safe and ideal considering the morning near frozen state. It was a bit windier and cooler on Saturday but flying conditions were still good. Weather conditions improved on Sunday and by the end of the day the skies were much calmer with a beautiful blue sky. Please, use the "Read More" button...